[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: beginner needs help

rknechtel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 16 13:57:39 EDT 2007

I have used wscompile from command line under Linux but I just can't seem to get it to work under Winblows. So I decided to try and do it via the ant task. But Eclipse/ant complain with the all to persistant "taskdef class com.sun.xml.rpc.tools.ant.Wscompile cannot be found" error. I have a directory called jwsdplibs that I put all the jars from the jaxrpc, jwsdp-shared,  saaj directories into. I'm using JWSDP 1.6 and I tried jwsdp 2.0, I'm using jdk1.5.0_11.

Below is my build.xml code.

  | My ant.properties has this:
  | jwsdp.home=/opt/jwsdplibs
  | -------
  |
  | build.xml
  | ----------------
  |
  | <property name="jwsdp.dir" value="${jwsdp.home}" />
  |   <!-- =================================================================== -->
  |   <!-- wscompile Task                                                      -->
  |   <!-- =================================================================== -->
  | 	<path id="wscompile.classpath">
  | 	  <fileset dir="${jwsdp.dir}">
  | 	    <include name="**/*.jar"/>
  | 	  </fileset>
  | 	    <fileset dir="${java.home}">
  | 	      <include name="**/*.jar" />
  | 	    </fileset>
  | 	 <fileset dir="${classes.dir}">
  | 	   <include name="**/*.class" />
  | 	 </fileset>
  | 	</path>
  |
  | <taskdef name="wscompile" classpath="${wscompile.classpath}" classname="com.sun.xml.rpc.tools.ant.Wscompile" />
  |   <target name="generate">
  |     <wscompile
  |        fork="true"
  |        verbose="true"
  |        wsdlFile="claimstatus2.wsdl"
  |        classpath="${classpath}"
  |        server="true"
  |        features="documentliteral"
  |        sourceBase="${src.dir}"
  |        mapping=""
  |        config="${wscompileconfig}">
  |     </wscompile>
  |   </target>

I can't understand why it can't find the class.
Here are the jars in my jwsdplibs directory:
dom.jar
sax.jar
xalan.jar
xercesImpl.jar
activation.jar
commons-beanutils.jar
commons-collections.jar
commons-digester.jar
commons-logging.jar
jaas.jar
jax-qname.jar
jaxp-api.jar
jaxrpc-api.jar
jaxrpc-impl.jar
jaxrpc-spi.jar
jta-spec1_0_1.jar
mail.jar
namespace.jar
relaxngDatatype.jar
saaj-api.jar
saaj-impl.jar
xmlsec.jar
xsdlib.jar

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Have you had similar issues where it can't find the wscompile ant class?

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074933#4074933

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074933