[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Wierd problem with result always being empty

p0six do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 16 17:37:38 EDT 2007

I've been trying to get by this all day.  I have a web server defined to return an Object of type Arrivalbooking.  The Arrivalbooking class is generated using  xjc from a predefined DTD.  Whenever I execute the web service the method executes perfectly and returns a valid Arrivalbooking with data in it.  However ,the result is always empty.

Anyone have any ideas?

Here's the basic source for the web service

@WebService
@SOAPBinding(style=SOAPBinding.Style.DOCUMENT, parameterStyle=SOAPBinding.ParameterStyle.WRAPPED)
@ServiceMode(value=Service.Mode.PAYLOAD)
//@SOAPBinding(style=SOAPBinding.Style.RPC)
public class RecordGridJSE implements RecordGrid
{
    @WebMethod
    @WebResult(name="arrivalsboard", partName="arrivalsboard")
    @SOAPBinding(style=SOAPBinding.Style.DOCUMENT, parameterStyle=SOAPBinding.ParameterStyle.WRAPPED)
    public Arrivalsboard getDefaultRecordGrid()
    throws RemoteException
    {
        return getRecordGrid(null, null, (SimpleDateFormat) null);
    }

    @WebMethod
    @WebResult(name="arrivalsboard", partName="arrivalsboard")
    @SOAPBinding(style=SOAPBinding.Style.DOCUMENT, parameterStyle=SOAPBinding.ParameterStyle.WRAPPED)
    public Arrivalsboard getRecordGrid(@WebParam(name="start") Date start, @WebParam(name="end") Date end, @WebParam(name="dateFormat") String dateFormat)
    throws RemoteException
    {
        Arrivalbooking arrivalbooking = new Arrivalbooking();
        .
        .
        .
        return arrivalbooking;
    }
}

The source for Arrivalbooking, Event was also generated with xjc

@XmlAccessorType(XmlAccessType.FIELD)
@XmlType(name = "", propOrder = {
    "event"
})
@XmlRootElement(name = "arrivalsboard")
public class Arrivalsboard {

    protected List event;

    /**
     * Gets the value of the event property.
     *
     *
     * This accessor method returns a reference to the live list,
     * not a snapshot. Therefore any modification you make to the
     * returned list will be present inside the JAXB object.
     * This is why there is not a set method for the event property.
     *
     *
     * For example, to add a new item, do as follows:
     *
     *    getEvent().add(newItem);
     *
     *
     *
     *
     * Objects of the following type(s) are allowed in the list
     * {@link Event }
     *
     *
     */