[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Conditionally Rendering Parameters

javalover75 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 16 17:53:11 EDT 2007

I have a seam-gen page with the following in the pages.xml file.

  | <page view-id="/admin/manage-customers.xhtml">
  |     	<param name="firstResult" value="#{customerList.firstResult}"/>
  |    	<param name="order" value="#{customerList.order}"/>
  |    	<param name="from"/>
  |    	<param name="firstName" value="#{customerList.customer.firstName}"/>
  |    	<param name="lastName" value="#{customerList.customer.lastName}"/>
  |    	<param name="emailAddress" value="#{customerList.customer.emailAddress}"/>
  |     </page>

When I enter a value in the form for the first name, all of the parameters are rendered in the URL:

http://localhost:8080/admin/manage-users.html?emailAddress=&firstName=test&lastName=&cid=7

This triggers my model validation and I get the error that the Email Address must be well formed.  If I manually remove the emailAdress param all works well.  How do I prevent the empty email param from being rendered?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075018#4075018

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075018