[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - DynamicLoginConfig configuration issue

jc7442 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 17 10:07:35 EDT 2007

I deploy an ear in an existing JBoss 4.2.0. I'd like to be able to deploy the application policy with my ear and without updating the conf/login-config.xml.

I have tried to use th DynamicLoginConfig MBean. I have two issues with it:
First I wrote a dynamic-service.xml file:
<server>
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.security.auth.login.DynamicLoginConfig"
  |       name="jboss:service=DynamicLoginConfig">
  |       <attribute name="AuthConfig">file:///D:/Projets/Demo/jboss-4.2.0.GA/server/default/deploy/ear-1.0-SNAPSHOT.ear/META-INF/login-config.xml</attribute>
  |       <!-- The service which supports dynamic processing of login-config.xml
  |          configurations.
  |       -->
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="LoginConfigService">
  |          jboss.security:service=XMLLoginConfig
  |       </depends>
  |       <!-- Optionally specify the security mgr service to use when
  |          this service is stopped to flush the auth caches of the domains
  |          registered by this service.
  |       -->
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="SecurityManagerService">
  |          jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityManager
  |       </depends>
  |    </mbean>
  |  </server>

1- First issue is that I have de copy this file in the deploy directory. If I put it in the ear, MBean is not deployed. Is it possible to include the MBean configuration in an ear ?

2- Second issue: I have to hardcode the url for the login-config.xml file. If I try with a relative path (as shown in the wiki) I got an error message because xml file does not exist. When the MBean contains an url relative, where is the root dir ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075237#4075237

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075237