[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Application config file outside the EAR

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 17 18:23:02 EDT 2007

I could do that, but isn't the app classpath all within the EAR?  I want to be able to ship out an EAR file on a CD and have the sysadmin (who knows nothing about any of this stuff) be able to copy it into a directory and say, "I'm done".

My idea right now is to try to do this the JBoss Way.  Not knowing exactly what the JBoss Way is, I'm trying to use an MBean so that config params could be set within the jmx console.  That's how all the other services within JBoss are configured, so why not configure my application that way?

Turns out it was very easy to create an MBean that is visible within the JMX console, and to be able to get and set properties.

What I need to figure out now is how to make that mbean data persistent across server restarts.  I'm Googling for that but any suggestions would be welcome.

Any other options?  Is there some place within the JBoss directories where I could / should stash a properties file that is external to the EAR?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075394#4075394

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075394