[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Unexpected shutdown

simonjpalmer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 18 13:31:14 EDT 2007

thanks for the response.  It looks like it may have something to do with the way I connect to the server.  I have two remote servers that I connect to using remote desktop.  On one I have JBoss running as a service and so far that one has not terminated in the way described.

On the other one I run JBoss from a the run.bat script which means it is in a command window.  This one receives the unexpected shutdown request.

It may have something to do with the remote desktop session, but it is not as straightforward as simply disconnecting and dropping the service.  I can show that not to be the case, so there is something more subtle going on.

I think the solution is to run it as a service, but it is a bit strange and I hate to leave something like this dangling.  I may try that -Xrs switch...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075484#4075484

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075484