[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Performance problem - UIL2 vs. JBoss Remoting?

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 19 07:53:37 EDT 2007

With persistent messages normally the database is the bottleneck.

There's not a lot that can be done about that as long as we use a database for persistence.

Having said that, last time we measured JBM was significantly faster than JBoss MQ even for persistent messages.

IN JBM 2.0, we will be moving to a fast file journal based persistence where each node maintains its own journal.

This should give much better performance and scalability in a cluster.

We will also be moving to a fast NIO transport based on Apache MINA. This will remove our other perceived performance bottleneck - JBoss Remoting.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075527#4075527

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075527