[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Problem accessing CommandServiceBean from external clien

karstendausb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 19 17:16:24 EDT 2007

"dajevu" wrote :
  | I'm experiencing a similar problem -- but mine is: org.jbpm.context.exe.VariableContainer; local class incompatible.
  |
  | Would you mind sharing what changes you made in Eclipse? I copied over the jbpm-jpdl.jar file from the exploded EAR file under jboss AS, but I still get the same error.

Local class incompatible might indicate  that  different class files are used  in  two java vms (the one running the client-app and the one running jboss-as for example).
This shouldn't be a problem if a class   declares a static final attribute serialVersionUid. The command classes in jbpm don't have this attribute. If classes  do not specify this attribute compile time matters.

In my case, I accidently had put another project which also contained the   jbpm-jpdl-source  on the build path of the client project (both "projects" being in the same eclipse workspace of course). This caused  that the jpdl-jar -  which was also on the build path of the client project  -  was ignored (as projects have a higher class loading precedence in eclipse).  I didn't make any  modifications to the jbpm source, but compile time was different (as the jbpm classes  in the workspace were compiled by eclipse - in opposite to the jbpm-jpdl-jar used on the server side).

Hope this helps,

Karsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075601#4075601

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075601