[jboss-user] JBoss RMI

Velidanda Srinivas srinivas.velidanda at singularity.co.uk
Mon Aug 20 08:01:25 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have an enterprise application deployed on JBoss which has to invoke Remote Method
using Java RMI.

It is working fine if I set the policy file and security manager on the command line, by
setting JAVA_OPTS in run.bat of JBoss.

But I am getting AccessControlException while trying to set policy file programmatically
by accessing the System property java.security.policy.

Does anyone had similar problem and found the resolution?

I just want to confirm,
Is it the only way to set the policy and security manager on the command line
while running under JBoss?

I am using JBoss 4.0.2 and JDK 1.5.0_06.

Thanks & Regards,
Srinivas.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by MessageLabs.

To learn more about Singularity's business process management solutions and services please visit:
www.singularity.co.uk
www.singularity.us.com
Singularity operates globally through its offices in New York, London, Singapore, Ireland and India. Singularity Limited is incorporated in the United Kingdom with Registration Number NI 31519 and its Registered Office at 100 Patrick Street, Derry, BT48 7EL, United Kingdom.