[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: JAX-WS from Sessions Bean fails due to missing org/jboss

tschwarz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 20 09:32:42 EDT 2007

I had similar classpath problems, when I added the JBoss JAX-WS jars to the server. I guess that has something to do with mixing the JDK6 JAX-WS implementation with the JBoss JAX-WS implementation.

But if you want to invoke a web service from a stateless session bean you don't need to do that.
If you are using JBoss 4.2 and EJB3 you can do it like that:

1. Use the wsconsume tool (in JBoss/bin directory) to generate your web service class files from your wsdl file.
2. Add these files to your classpath.
3. Write a stateless session bean like that:

@Stateless
  | public class WSInvoker
  | {
  |     // Replace MyWebService with your generated web service class name here
  |     @WebServiceRef
  |     private static MyWebService service;
  |
  |     public void invokeWS()
  |     {
  |          MyEndpoint entpoint = service.getEndpoint(MyEndpoint.class);
  |          // invoke the endpoint's buisness methods
  |     }
  | }

I hope I could help you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075848#4075848