[jboss-user] [Remoting] - BisocketServerInvoker with server behind NAT

maihde do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 20 11:55:59 EDT 2007

I'm trying to run a JBoss server 4.2 (using JBoss messaging) on a NAT machine where there will be clients connecting from both inside and outside the NAT.  With JBossMQ I could set the clientConnectAddress to the hostname (in the UIL configuration) and everything would work correctly.

With JBoss messaging I tried to do the same with the bisocket connector, however the external client always fails when trying to connect to the secondary server as the IP address given is the internal one instead of the hostname.

This seems like a similar problem to JBREM-749 which I think was fixed in release 2.2.2, so perhaps I'm not configuring something correctly.  I am able to get things to work correctly if I use the standard socket connector, but JBoss Messaging states that only http and bisocket are supported.

What are my options to get this setup to work?

Thanks,
Michael

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075941#4075941

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075941