[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Could this be deadlock when modifying TreeCache

ramdas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 20 12:33:10 EDT 2007

"manik.surtani at jboss.com" wrote : Each cache instance would create 1 channel (unless you're using a multiplexer, but that's a different story)

Increasing the FC max_credits value to 20 million does seemed to have helped stabilize the application environment... we went through more than 2 weeks without an application outage.. but then we had a failure again - and on taking the thread dump of the JBoss AS , it looked very similar to what started this discussion.

If i understand how FC works, increasing the value of FC max_credits helps increase the threshold for any server in the cluster from  blocking in the event of another  slower member in the cluster not responding, right? Was attempting to better understand why i would start seeing blocked FC jgroups threads after having increased the value of FC max_credits.

Thanks

Ramdas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075959#4075959

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075959