[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Startup with EJB having multiple roles

pierospinelli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 20 15:47:28 EDT 2007

The use cases are all the posibble intersections between the use cases of the two features:
- SEAM allows beans having more roles, possibly in different scopes (of course this is useful)
- SEAM allows beans beeing instanciated in a scope at startup (this is useful too)

Why (if not for technical reasons or simple youth of the framework) wouldn't it be allowed to use the combination of these two useful features?

I do not say it is high-priority, but I do not think it is useless.

p.s.
My use case was a recursive data model (i.e. a directory like one) when a JSF table used a stateful EJB for selecting the parent and a second one (of the same type, managing the same data type) for showing the children when an item was selected in the first table.
It worked fine in other situations, but I had a shared in-memory structure that had to be loaded in the APPLICATION scope and initialized at startup, and here I had the problem (of course solved in some other way, but it made me wonder if there were some way to do that).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076009#4076009

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076009