[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Mail examples broken in CVS?

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 20 17:51:24 EDT 2007

"lowecg2004" wrote : After reading the Seam reference for 2.0.0.b1 I think I've found some niggles (which you're probably well aware of, but I'll raise them anyway ;)

Probably not ;)

Firstly, your problem deploying the mail example. I can't reproduce this using current CVS and a clean install of JBoss AS 4.2.1.GA.  Is this your setup?

anonymous wrote : I believe the deployment instructions for mail-ra.rar need revising since the file mail-ra.rar is no longer part of JBoss 4.2.x - this is implied when the doc states "replacing the default rar with the one distributed with Seam".  To resolve, I copied the Seam mail-ra.rar to default/deploy.  Is this still correct?  Or should I be removing/replacing any other mail files?

Please raise a JIRA issue as I'm going to need to talk to the JBoss AS guys about how they package mail-ra now.

anonymous wrote : The doc refers the reader to http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=InboundJavaMail for more information on mail-ra.rar. The wiki currently does not have any information on this file.

Do you mean the page doesn't work or isn't very clear about what to do?

anonymous wrote : To a vanilla seam-gen project, the Eclipse build path needs updating to add lib/mail.jar and lib/mail-ra.jar (note: JAR and not RAR) - it would be useful to get this from the docs rather than having to work it out.

Please raise a JIRA issue re seam-gen not adding in those files to the eclipse .classpath.

anonymous wrote : The docs states that "Most seam annotations will work inside a MDB but you musn't access the persistence context." - Why is this?  Isn't that quite a severe limitation? Can anything be done to get around this?

IIRC this is a limitation of EJB3.  You need to inject an SFSB/SLSB into the MDB (or Seam component) and do your persistence work in them.

anonymous wrote : Some very useful information comes to light in this thread:

  | http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=115420
  |
  | Particularly later on when the OP is talking about ports.  I would like to see that in the docs.

Specific information on mail-ra should be on the wiki not in the Seam manual (as its not part of the Seam project at the moment, but part of the JBoss AS project).  So please add/edit that wiki page linked above as you see fit :)

anonymous wrote : Finally, the takeaway example needs tweaking before it will build from CVS: the build.xml contains an import to ../../build.xml which should be ../build.xml?  Also the references to jboss-el.jar and jbpm-jpdl.jar in application.xml should be relative to lib/.  After these changes the example builds but I just get a completely blank page when I run it.  It would be great if this sample used the Meldware server.

This example is definitely work in progress which I intend to get back to soon :p

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076042#4076042

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076042