[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Mail examples broken in CVS?

lowecg2004 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 21 03:57:06 EDT 2007

Morning Pete,

Thanks for your reply.

anonymous wrote : Firstly, your problem deploying the mail example. I can't reproduce this using current CVS and a clean install of JBoss AS 4.2.1.GA. Is this your setup?

My setup is JBossAS 4.2.0.GA upgraded to Hibernate 3.2.5.GA and JBossWS 2.0.GA.  I rolled back to a pre-Hibernate snapshot and the mail component works.  I reapplied the Hibernate upgrade and I get the issue.

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1830

Surprisingly, Hibernate 3.2.4.SP1 also errors despite working for you in JBossAS 4.2.1.GA. Maybe there is something iffy about the way I upgraded Hibernate (detailed in the JIRA).

anonymous wrote : Please raise a JIRA issue as I'm going to need to talk to the JBoss AS guys about how they package mail-ra now.

Done:

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1828

anonymous wrote : anonymous wrote : The doc refers the reader to http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=InboundJavaMail  for more information on mail-ra.rar. The wiki currently does not have any information on this file.
  |   |
  | Do you mean the page doesn't work or isn't very clear about what to do?

I just mean that the docs direct me to the link to get more info on mail-ra.rar, but the wiki makes no reference to this file.

anonymous wrote : Please raise a JIRA issue re seam-gen not adding in those files to the eclipse .classpath.

Done:

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1829

anonymous wrote : IIRC this is a limitation of EJB3. You need to inject an SFSB/SLSB into the MDB (or Seam component) and do your persistence work in them.

I was panicking over nothing - my first reaction on reading the docs what that persistence would not be usable at all during a MDB callback, including in a SxSB.  SxSBs will do the job nicely.  I really should know better, however could you add some clarification to the doc?

anonymous wrote : Specific information on mail-ra should be on the wiki not in the Seam manual (as its not part of the Seam project at the moment, but part of the JBoss AS project). So please add/edit that wiki page linked above as you see fit :)

Will do.

This is the first time I've raised a JIRA, so if I have missed anything or not properly observed convention then please let me know and I'll go back and make any required edits.

Cheers,

Chris.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076128#4076128

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076128