[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Learning to use s:selectItems

mikeeprice do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 21 11:15:58 EDT 2007

Using jboss-4.2.1.GA and jboss-seam-2.0.0.BETA1

Given in peoplePopup.xhtml

<h:selectOneMenu>
  <s:selectItems value="#{allPeople}" var="n" label="#{n.name}" />
</h:selectOneMenu>

in PersonManagerAction.java
    @DataModel
    private List allPeople;

    @DataModelSelection(value="allPeople")
    private Person selectedPerson;

allPeople has an @Factory method and the list pops up fine showing the names from all the Person entities and lets me make the selection

then the following is executed from a commandButton in peoplePopup.xhtml
public void selectTest()
{
	System.out.println("******* selectTest Name= "+selectedPerson.getName());
}

always prints out the first item in the selection list regardless of which one I selected.

So I am thinking this is not the way to do this. I think it would be cool though.

In other words select a name in the popup list and have the selected value be the associated Person entity object.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076358#4076358

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076358