[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: LDAP Authentication

roth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 22 04:19:18 EDT 2007

"bdaw" wrote : When you switch identity store to LDAP you need to provide default admin user/role - admin/Admin - for administration. This is needed by CMS.

Is this a hardcoded dependency? I switched to ldap and so far managed to map admin access to one of my ldap roles for 'User Portlet', 'Role Portlet', 'WSRP Portlet' and 'Admin Portlet', but not for CMS.

I am not sure however if this was a good approach, maybe I should just fall back for the database to provide the admin user/role. I get all sorts of weird errors which I think is related to me not having a user/role called 'admin' in my ldap.

Also, when running with ldap like this, the following 7 tables are never generated, which causes more errors:

jbp_endpoint_info, jbp_producer_info, jbp_reg_prop_desc, jbp_reg_prop_desc_aliases, jbp_reg_prop_desc_usages, jbp_reg_property,
jbp_registration_info.

All other tables are generated at the first startup.

Thanks,
Tobias

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076652#4076652

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076652