[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: What we did: Flexible IN-Parameters for Nodes

Vorsorge do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 22 06:42:05 EDT 2007

Hi masipu,

why just one Variable? No special reason. It just came that way.

For your second question:

In our example: Depending on the parameter the node parsed the String and resolved the Date.
a) From a (previously set - by another node or while starting the process) processVariable with the name "letterRecieved".

b) As 01.02.2007

c) By computing the Date two weeks ago.

And now the node can do whatever it likes wiht the date. In our example it would use it in a SQL statement to get some data from an database since that date.

An example node wich just displays the date might look like this.

  | public final class MessageOutputHandler implements ActionHandler {
  |
  | 	private String selectDate;
  |
  | 	public void execute(ExecutionContext executionContext) throws Exception {
  |
  | 		//Get ContextInstance for acces to process variables
  | 		ContextInstance contxt = executionContext.getContextInstance();
  |
  | 		//Parsing the selectDate IN-Parameter. At runtime it contains the formatted parameter string.
  | 		//Possibly: CONST, VAR, FUNC
  | 		ProcessXMLParameterInterface select = XMLParameterFactory.createProcessXMLParameter(contxt, this.selectDate);
  |
  | 		//By calling getValue() the parameter value gets resolved from its source.
  | 		System.out.println(select.getValue());
  | 	}
  |
  | }

Martin