[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: BisocketServerInvoker with server behind NAT

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 22 18:30:59 EDT 2007

I've just uploaded a jboss-remoting.jar with an implementation for JBREM-749 "BisocketServerInvoker: Make configurable the address and port of secondary server socket".  The address to which the secondary ServerSocket is bound is the same as that to which the "primary" ServerSocket is bound.  The address sent to the client to use in connecting to the secondary ServerSocket is taken from the server's InvokerLocator.  It follows that if you set the "clientConnectAddress" property, it will be used for the secondary ServerSocket.  I.e., something like

  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
  |           name="jboss.messaging:service=Connector,transport=bisocket"
  |           display-name="Bisocket Transport Connector">
  |       <attribute name="Configuration">
  |          <config>
  |             <invoker transport="bisocket">
  |                <attribute name="clientConnectAddress" isParam="true">org.jboss.bluemonkeydiamond</attribute>

Also, there are two new configurable parameters in the class org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.Bisocket specific to the bisocket transport:

  |    public static final String SECONDARY_BIND_PORT = "secondaryBindPort";
  |    public static final String SECONDARY_CONNECT_PORT = "secondaryConnectPort";

SECONDARY_BIND_PORT determines which port the secondary ServerSocket binds to, and SECONDARY_CONNECT_PORT determines which port is sent to the client to use in connecting to the secondary ServerSocket.

You can download the jar from http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/repository.jboss.org/jboss/remoting/2.2.2.Beta.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077090#4077090

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4077090