[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - JBossCache 2.0 with JBoss AS 4.2.1 problems

mohali do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 23 11:21:40 EDT 2007

Is it possible to use JBossCache with JBoss AS 4.2.1?

As per JBoss Cache 2.0.0 docs somethings may not work as quoted below:

anonymous wrote : It is possible to deploy a JBoss Cache 2.0 instance in JBoss AS 4.x (at least in 4.2.0.GA; other AS releases are completely untested). However, the significant API changes between the JBoss Cache 2.x and 1.x releases mean none of the standard AS 4.x clustering services (e.g. http session replication) that rely on JBoss Cache will work with JBoss Cache 2.x. Also, be aware that usage of JBoss Cache 2.x in AS 4.x is not something the JBoss Cache developers are making any significant effort to test, so be sure to test your application well (which of course you're doing anyway.)

I downloaded JBossCache 2.0.0 GA, copied all the jars from lib folder to JBOSS_CONFIG/lib folder (I am using all configuration) and then copied replSync-service.xml from etc/META-INF to JBOSS_CONFIG/deploy folder and I get the following error during server startup:
anonymous wrote :
  |      [java] --- MBeans waiting for other MBeans ---
  |      [java] ObjectName: jboss.cache:service=TreeCache
  |      [java]   State: FAILED
  |      [java]   Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Exception setting attribute javax.management.Attribute at ef5641 on mbean jboss.cache:service=TreeC
  | ache; - nested throwable: (java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/jboss/cache/config
  | /Configuration, method: setCacheLoaderConfig signature: (Lorg/jboss/cache/config
  | /CacheLoaderConfig;)V) Incompatible argument to function)
  |      [java]   I Depend On:
  |      [java]     jboss:service=Naming
  |      [java]     jboss:service=TransactionManager
  |
  |      [java] --- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
  |      [java] ObjectName: jboss.cache:service=TreeCache
  |      [java]   State: FAILED
  |      [java]   Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Exception settin
  | g attribute javax.management.Attribute at ef5641 on mbean jboss.cache:service=TreeC
  | ache; - nested throwable: (java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/jboss/cache/config
  | /Configuration, method: setCacheLoaderConfig signature: (Lorg/jboss/cache/config
  | /CacheLoaderConfig;)V) Incompatible argument to function)
  |      [java]   I Depend On:
  |      [java]     jboss:service=Naming
  |      [java]     jboss:service=TransactionManager

Did I miss any step or is this a compatibility issue?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077399#4077399

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4077399