[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: using DAO design pattern with Seam apps

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 23 11:38:59 EDT 2007

"christian.bauer at jboss.com" wrote : Don't quote Rod Johnson bullshit here. In the same book he goes on and basically tells you to not use an ORM software. Don't believe anything he says about data management because he obviously doesn't know what he is talking about.

First off I'm not a big advocate of Spring.  I think pulling a lot of code into XML is a disaster in most cases.  And I think Seam is a big improvement over Struts + EJB 2.x technology from a developer's perspective at least.  But Spring integrates out of the box with Hibernate (versions 2 and 3), JDO (versions 1 and 2), TopLink.  If Johnson was anti-ORM, why would this be the case then?

To be faire here, his basic premise is in some cases it's advantageous to use ORM and some cases not (use JDBC or iBATIS as myspace.com does for added flexibility).  I'm not saying he's right or wrong, just wanted to let his stance be known all here...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077407#4077407

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4077407