[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: High Swap Utilization, lot's of RAM free

Polaren do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 23 16:46:38 EDT 2007

"PeterJ" wrote : How are you starting the app server? By manually executing run.bat or have you installed the app server as a service? If you installed the app server as a service, which utility did you use to do this? The utilities I know of include JBoss Native, JavaService, Java Service Wrapper and each configures JVM options differently.

Manually executing run.bat

anonymous wrote :
  | If you are using run.bat of JBoss Native the JVM heap options are set in JAVA_OPTS in run.bat.

rem Sun JVM memory allocation pool parameters. Modify as appropriate.

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms160m -Xmx28672m -XX:NewSize=4m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80

anonymous wrote : Have you used -verbose:gc (or other heap-monitoring options) to determine JVM heap usage?

No, Sir

If you need more info, let me know :)
Thanks for your help so far

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077539#4077539