[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: UserFriendly URLs: Can we have an '_' instead of '+' in

bvogt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 24 10:28:36 EDT 2007

we have a solution based on portal 2.4 / AS 4.0.5...
...luckily live, since yesterday evening...

In portal 2.4.1 (and hopefully in 2.6 too) you have to differentiate between page localization and page identification.
The name you edit in the management portlet is used for building the portal URLs.

With this kept in mind we did:

1. decided, that page names are treated as keys to be looked up in property files - all localization is done within this set of locaization files
2. provided a custom navigation portlet which retrieves the page name and localizes it
3. due to the lack of knowledge how to define a page interceptor for page related tasks... we set the localized page name into the portlet session with APPLICATION_SCOPE
4. in the theme's index.jsp we retrieve the localized page name out of the session and set it within the title tag.

Yes, you're right, 3. and 4. are somewhat like a hack, but it works...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077814#4077814

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4077814