[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Layering the code in Seam

magoicochea do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 24 11:21:20 EDT 2007

Hello

First of all after reading some documentation about seam I have to say that I am impressed by the framework, it seems to solve a lot of problems that I had when trying to develop web applications regardless whether it was .NET or J2EE.

However, after seeing the examples I didn't like that the presentation, business and data access code is all mixed up on the same action bean. On the hotel booking example it mentions that for big applications it may be a good idea to layer the code, however, I have not seen this on any example.

I am used to do this when working with Spring/Hibernate using Services and DAOs, so at the end I have one layer managing the presentation layer, another for business logic and finally one for data access logic. How would this pattern be implemented on a Seam Application?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077844#4077844

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4077844