[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Can action called from button avoid committing transacti

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 24 21:26:12 EDT 2007

Thanks Matt - you got me on the right track.

I've got it working by removing the begin-conversation entity in my page.xml and annotating my wire() function as:
@Begin(flushMode=FlushModeType.MANUAL, join=true)
  | public void wire() {

This wasn't as scary as I expected it to be.  The persist()/update()/remove() functions from EntityHome all explicitly flush() the transaction, so they are inherently compatible with manual flush mode.  (FWIW: manual page-level commits seem more natural than the alternative now that I've run into a simple case where the alternative is so broken - I sure hope this gets standardized by the time we need to port our app to non-Hibernate JPA implemenations...

FWIW, I wasn't able to use your suggestion of adding flush-mode in the page.xml:

<begin-conversation join="true" flush-mode="manual"/>

This doesn't work for me with Seam 1.2.1-GA -- perhaps it's something added for 2.0?  In any case, since I can't confirm that it works, I don't feel justified in raising a JIRA - perhaps someone who uses it under 2.0 can raise the documentation issue?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077974#4077974

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4077974