[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: impossible usecase?

ellenzhao do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 25 07:55:36 EDT 2007

"obfuscator" wrote :  Well, there is conversations,
  | but I cannot start more than one per request, so I cannot start one
  | conversation per post it when the user logs in.

I guess you can start as many conversations as you want per user-action. In your backing bean, you can say:

  | Conversation.instance.begin();

or

  | Conversation.instance.beginNested();

better yet, say like this:

  | if (Conversation.isLongRunning){
  |   Conversation.instance.beginNested();
  |   Conversation.instance.setDescription("readFooRedirectedFromReadBar");
  |   }
  | else {
  |   Conversation.instance.begin();
  |   Conversation.instance.setDescription("readFooFromSiteRoot");
  | }

I am doing this in my own application and the multi-conversation-spawning works like charm. (I have a problem with the pop()/end()/leave() now, not quite sure the exact semantics of these three methods, need to investigate this part of Seam source code)

anonymous wrote : The crux is that the
  | conversations need to be started before the first page is shown,

You may want to try page action. There is description of page action in Seam documentation.

Regards,
Ellen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078005#4078005

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078005