[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Installation of jbp 2.6

dd_la_frime do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 25 09:21:12 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm sure I'm missing something.

My configuration is as follow :
- jboss 4.0.5 GA with EJB 3 module (I'm working with seam)
- MySQL 5 (with the truncation bug fixed)
- jboss portal 2.6.1

Ok so I downloaded jboss portal and started to read (RTFM, right ?).
I did exactly as it is written for the installation from binary distribution (not the bundle one).
I created the DB, modified the xml file.
I placed the .sar and the *-ds.xml in my serder/default/deploy directory.

I launched jboss and baamm !
I got a ClassNotFoundException for org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler. I started to search and found the package 20 minutes later (scheduler-plugin.jar). It's not written in the documentation !
I relaunched jboss, everything installed. Ok great !
I glanced at the schema and the data in MySQL, sounds ok to me.
I opened firefox and go to http://127.0.0.1/portal.
It 's working,great !
So I decided to login with admin/admin or user/user.
Everytime I try to submit the form I've got a "null" just above the form. I created a new account just to test it. The creation worked fine as I can see the datas in the DB. Again I try to login with this new account and same thing always this "null" above the form. So my portal is working fine but I can't login ;o). What a joke !!!

I tried a lot of thing with MySQL and I did search on this very forum and on internet but I couln't find my 2 problems.
For the first one you can admit that you can give this scheduler-plugin.jar with the portal.jar, no ?

If you have any idea with my second problem or if you know another portal solution. I'm aware.

Cheers.

Christophe

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078017#4078017

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078017