[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - JSF performance with increased facelets.BUFFER_SIZE

mgrouch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 26 23:05:02 EDT 2007

I've been playing with performance related settings more and found one
(a bit forgotten parameter) which made a big difference in my case.

I've set this in my web.xml

 <context-param>
  |   <param-name>facelets.BUFFER_SIZE</param-name>
  |   <param-value>500000</param-value>
  |  </context-param>

Increasing facelets.BUFFER_SIZE to 500000 cut JSF response time almost in half!!!

This is for my case of rendering table see

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=117092

As far as I understand this buffer is short lived (only during response) so
if there are not many concurrent request as same time increasing it
would not create any memory consumption problems.

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078195#4078195

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078195