[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - persistence.xml : jar-file tag doesn't work with relative ur

olvin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 27 06:00:42 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm using Jboss 4.2.1 GA and here is the structure of my .ear :

xxx.ear dir (not a "packaged .ear" but a directory to be able to modify the persistence.xml very easily) which contains :
one session.jar packaged file with session beans
one entity.jar packaged file with entity beans
one persistence.jar dir wich contains META-INF with persistence.xml

So, when I'm using the  tag to identify the entity classes, I have no problem, but I'm using the <jar-file> tag, I have very very strange results... :

- with <jar-file>../entity.jar</jar-file> it searches the entity.jar in the "persistence.jar" dir...
- with <jar-file>../../entity.jar</jar-file> the error message tells me : error trying to scan <jar-file>: file: "path-to-persistence.jar/ntity.jar" without the "e" of "entity.jar"
- with <jar-file>../../../entity.jar</jar-file> the error message tells me : error trying to scan <jar-file>: file: "path-to-persistence.jar/tity.jar" without the "en" of "entity.jar"

So, how can i jump to the "path-to-ear dir" (the parent of the "path-to-persistence.jar") with a relative path ???

Is it a bug in hibernate or jboss ?

Thanks,

Olivier

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078285#4078285