[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: login-required and no-conversation-view-id causing infin

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 27 10:29:51 EDT 2007

Jacob,

Thanks for diagnosing this.  We've been running into a similar (the same?) issue with our Seam 1.2.1-GA based app.  In our case, we get infinite exceptions after a POST after a session timeout due to a  setting on the page pointed to by our no-converstation-id page.  We have:

  | <page no-conversation-view-id="/home/xhtml" login-required="true">
  |     <page view-id="/home.xhtml">
  |    		<restrict>#{(not empty authenticator.currentClient)}</restrict>
  |   	</page>
  |     <page view-id="/handleAuthorizationException.xhtml" conversation-required="false">
  |      	<action if="#{empty authenticator.currentClient}" execute="/ChooseClient.xhtml"/>
  |      	<action if="#{not empty authenticator.currentClient}" execute="/error.xhtml"/>
  |     </page>
  |   	<exception class="org.jboss.seam.security.AuthorizationException">
  | 		<redirect view-id="/handleAuthorizationException.xhtml">
  | 			<message>#{(empty authenticator.currentClient) ? 'You must select a client before accessing any other page' : 'You do not have permission to do this'}</message>
  | 		</redirect>
  |     </exception>

but after a session timeout, clicking a list or button gets us a looping:

  | 10:25:05,062 ERROR [SeamPhaseListener] swallowing exception
  | org.jboss.seam.RequiredException: In attribute requires non-null value: clientFu
  | ndHome.currentClient
  |         at org.jboss.seam.Component.getValueToInject(Component.java:1919)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.Component.injectAttributes(Component.java:1368)

If I remove the no-converstation-view-id as Jacob did, I don't get the recursive/looping exceptions.  Is there another way to fix?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078365#4078365

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078365