[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - intermittent jndi lookup failures

ndraper do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 27 12:49:22 EDT 2007

I have some code like this inside of a web service:

                Context context = new InitialContext();
                HepStateMBean hepStateMBean = null;
                try
                {
                    hepStateMBean = (HepStateMBean) context.lookup("HepStateInvokeTarget");
                }
                catch (NamingException e)
                logger.error(e.getLocalizedMessage() );
            }

I have an external program invoking the web service every 30 seconds.  After two hours I have three failures displaying the following:

HepStateInvokeTarget not bound

This is in JBoss 4.2.1GA.  Obviously the MBean is bound because it worked close to 117 times in those two hours.  I have stepped through the code and most of the time it works.  It fails intermittently.  It does not fail the first time, nor does it continue to fail after it does fail.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078438#4078438

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078438