[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: s:link works, h:commandButton doesn't

dkane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 27 15:55:31 EDT 2007

I've solved the problem myself, but still have questions.

There was h:selectOneMenu right before h:commandButton in my page.
h:selectOneMenu was mapped to the session-scoped Seam component, and dislayed the list of entities with s:convertEntity tag. But this field did not remember the selected value somehow. I.e each time I clicked s:link the selected value returned to first item in list.

I removed this h:selectOneMenu, and magically h:commandButton started to work !

After that, I digged tons of forum threads and found the thesis that s:convertEntities should work in conversation scope only. Found no word abot that in Seam manual, but adding long-running conversation @Begin(join="true") made h:selectOneMenu stateful (no more resets after form submission).

Then, I restored the original view of xhtml page : h:selectOneMenu and h:commandButton next . Everything works well.

Questions :

1) Is it possible, that incorrect processing of preceding JSF controls causes incorrect processing of following controls in the same page? (probably not pure Seam but JFS question)

2) Does s:convertEntities, indeed, require long-running conversation ? If so - why ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078493#4078493

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078493