[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Startup with EJB having multiple roles

pierospinelli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 27 16:34:46 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : Without knowing the details, I would have thought there were neater ways of doing this than making this extension to Seam. What solution did you use in the end?

Pete, if you referred to JSF recursive structures using backing EJBs, of course it presents some major problems (the first is that you cannot use recursion in EJB).

However, it is often possible to present a recursive structure (i.e. a Tree, a Directory, ...) focalizing on just 2 levels a time in the ui; this way the same EJB can have two roles, one for the parent level and one for the child level.

In order to avoid recursion in EJB it is possible to use some tricks, like moving some operations at presentation time (of course this could introduce some constaints, i.e. in the order of the control in a JSF page).

A sample of this could be found in a project I was ascked to upload in Jira in the thread:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078497#4078497

The Jira url is http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1869 and the Organization page allows to manage a user directory (of couse I must have done some silly thing in it, being a new SEAM users, but maybe you could suggest me some easier way to do the same thing).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078503#4078503

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078503