[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: ClassCast Problem

Arutha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 29 08:59:11 EDT 2007

Hey,

I had the same problem last week, I'd like to call "Cannot cast smtptoesb.server.smtpmail to smtptoesb.server.smtpmail". The cause of this was rather simple, but I still took many hours not relaxing in front of the TV to figure it out.

The problem for me was that Jboss worked with an older version of the class than the application itself, trying to cast will throw this problem. Try shutting down Jboss, removing all tmp related to this work, cleaning the build folder, redeploying it and running it again.

I realise it's not ideal, rebooting Jboss, I tried doing this @runtime, but Jboss locks the tmp-files that need to be deleted, and for some reason, even after redeploying in this situation, Jboss kept using the old Pojo class.

With 'older' version, I mean that even though the class may be exactly the same, it was compiled at an earlier time.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079132#4079132

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4079132