[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problems using ajax validation in seam-gen

damianharvey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 31 10:26:47 EDT 2007

As mentioned in the JIRA this is the code (added to any old page) that will cause ajax4jsf to reset the conversation resulting in a "The conversation ended, timed out or was processing another request" error.

I realise that this sort of problem is better suited to the ajax4jsf forum but wanted to keep continuity with JIRA.

Bean:

  | @Name("calcBean")
  | public class CalcBean {
  |
  | 	private Integer first = new Integer(0);
  | 	private Integer second = new Integer(0);
  | 	private Integer third = new Integer(0);
  |
  | 	public Integer getFirst() {
  | 		return first;
  | 	}
  | 	public void setFirst(Integer first) {
  | 		this.first = first;
  | 	}
  | 	public Integer getSecond() {
  | 		return second;
  | 	}
  | 	public void setSecond(Integer second) {
  | 		this.second = second;
  | 	}
  | 	public Integer getThird() {
  | 		return third;
  | 	}
  | 	public void setThird(Integer third) {
  | 		this.third = third;
  | 	}
  | 	public Integer getTotal() {
  | 		return this.first + this.second + this.third;
  | 	}
  | }

Page (put these on any page):

  |            <s:decorate id="firstDecoration" template="layout/edit.xhtml">
  |                 <ui:define name="label">First</ui:define>
  |                 <h:inputText id="first"
  |                            required="true"
  |                               value="#{personHome.first}">
  | 					<a:support event="onblur" reRender="firstDecoration, total" eventsQueue="calc" ignoreDupResponses="true"/>
  | 				</h:inputText>
  |             </s:decorate>
  |
  |             <s:decorate id="secondDecoration" template="layout/edit.xhtml">
  |                 <ui:define name="label">Second</ui:define>
  |                 <h:inputText id="second"
  |                            required="true"
  |                               value="#{personHome.second}">
  | 					<a:support event="onblur" reRender="secondDecoration, total" eventsQueue="calc" ignoreDupResponses="true"/>
  | 				</h:inputText>
  |             </s:decorate>
  |
  |             <s:decorate id="thirdDecoration" template="layout/edit.xhtml">
  |                 <ui:define name="label">Third</ui:define>
  |                 <h:inputText id="third"
  |                            required="true"
  |                               value="#{personHome.third}">
  | 					<a:support event="onblur" reRender="thirdDecoration, total" eventsQueue="calc" ignoreDupResponses="true"/>
  | 				</h:inputText>
  |             </s:decorate>
  |
  |             <s:div id="total">
  |             	Total: <h:outputText value="#{personHome.total}"/>
  |             </s:div>

Enter some values in the first, second and third and then tab over them and back again. Ajax4JSF will be overwhelmed and will kill the page (or at least generate the error mentioned above).

Regards,

Damian.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4080026#4080026

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4080026