[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Injection not working when using thirdparty JMS library

raoul.schmidiger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 2 20:34:41 EST 2007

Hi List,

I use Seam 2 with JBoss AS. My problem is that I want to use a thirdparty JMS library from within Seam.

I have a class that implements the javax.jms.MessageListener interface and that class is correctly hooked into my thridparty JMS lib. So far so good. But I also would like to inject a service class through seam into that same class. So that when a message is received, some stuff gets done on the database level. And as i need the @PersistenceContext, the service object has to be managed by the container...

This however only happens when Seam is involved in the calling.

This is not the case when the method onMessage(javax.jms.Message m) method is invoked by the thirdparty lib. Then

Is there a way for letting Seam do the creation of my MessageListener impl and have a property injected in a persistent style, aka only once at creation?

I played around with the @In(scope=SESSION) attribute, but without any success.

Thanks a lot, regards raoul

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109688#4109688

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109688