[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Transient conversation data

bdillon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 3 11:19:04 EST 2007

Hi,

I am using Seam with RichFaces. I am currently running into an issue where Seam tries to serialise the richfaces SelectionRange object (held on the SimpleSelection object).

Is there anyway in Seam to mark something as transient data so that it does not get serialised on the conversation ? I have tries using;

   private transient SimpleSelection selection;

But still get the following exception;

java.io.NotSerializableException: org.richfaces.model.selection.SelectionRange
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1081)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:302)
	at java.util.ArrayList.writeObject(ArrayList.java:569)

Any help on this would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Brian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109911#4109911