[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - JMS queues and buffers

paoletto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 3 12:02:56 EST 2007

if i have sender and receiver on different machines,  where should i put the queue? on sender or receiver machine?

and if i -let say- put the jms server in the receiver machine, and the sender wants to send a message, but the net is down, does he cache the message and deliver later, or return error?

the question is because we wanted to use JbossESB to make web services "asynchronous" and more robust across network failures.
but if we have to place the jms server on the sender, then it's a problem for receivers to listen on every possible sender, isnt it?
on the other hand, if the server is on the receiver, and the net is down, does the sender cache the message and deliver it later?

thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109934#4109934

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109934