[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - JMX-Console - ManagedConnectionPool

jackminder do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 3 14:45:53 EST 2007

Doing some monitoring of db connections using jmx console.  I have read the FAQs on using this tool to determine if you have leaked database connections but I cannot find any good info on what certain attributes mean to determine there is a leaking issue.

For example I see these 2 attributes increase in numbers.  I assume since this is a dev environment and my idleTimeout is 5mins so the connections get destroyed and re-created after exceeding the idle timeout value.
ConnectionCreatedCount
ConnectionDestroyedCount

Is MaxConnectionsInUseCount equal to the value I specified for <min-pool-size>?  and InUseConnectionCount the actual amount of connections currently being used within the connection pool?

What attributes and values should I be concerned with regarding tuning the db connection pool?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109985#4109985

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109985