[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - have tried everything - what todo about bug in seam exceptio

X490812 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 3 15:49:29 EST 2007

I have tried everuything listed here. There still seams to be a bug - In fact I built a dummy app to isolate the problem.
Here is pages.xml:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <pages>
  | </pages>

here is my backing bean:

  | package com.homeq.tst.action;
  | import javax.ejb.Stateless;
  | import org.jboss.seam.annotations.In;
  | import org.jboss.seam.annotations.Name;
  | import org.jboss.seam.annotations.Out;
  | import org.jboss.seam.faces.FacesMessages;
  | @Stateless
  | @Name("EXCEPTTEST")
  | public class ExceptionTest implements IExceptionTest {
  | 	@In
  | 	@Out
  | 	FacesMessages facesMessages;
  | 	public String tst() throws Exception {
  | 		facesMessages.add("TestMessage");
  | 		if (false)
  | 			throw new Exception("testexception");
  | 		else
  | 			return "/genericErrorPage.xhtml";
  | 	}
  | }

here is genericErrorPage.xhtml

  | <!DOCTYPE composition PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
  |                       "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
  | 	xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html">
  | <head>
  | <title>Error Page</title>
  | </head>
  | <h:messages/>

herre is mypage.xhtml

  | <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
  |        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
  | <head>
  | <title>hello world</title>
  | </head>
  | HELLO WORLD
  | <h:form >
  | <h:commandButton  action="#{EXCEPTTEST.tst}"/>
  | </h:form>

I goto mypage.seam, hit the commandButton . If I have set the test flag (see backing bean code if condition) to true, then I execute the exception and facesMessages gets blown away and "testexception" is displayed by genericErrorPage. If I set the testflag to false, then I simply render genericErrorPage.xhtml and the facesMessages shows the correct message. Why does facesMessages get blown away when exception is thrown?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110006#4110006

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110006