[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Link a user with the entities he/she created

eroussel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 3 17:10:20 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm fairly new the Seam and looking for some advice on achieving the following:

Some tables (entities) in my application contain data that must be associated with the user that created the record.

I got the part where the entities are annotated properly to describe the 1 to * relationship.

The question I have is which one of the two following approaches Seam veterans would recommend to use (or if neither are appropriate, what's the alternative).

Approach A would be to override the "persist" method in entityHome such as:

  | public class myEntityHome extends EntityHome<MyEntity>
  | {
  |     @In
  |     User user; // That's the entity with the user's data

  |     @Override
  |     public String persist() {
  |         this.getInstance().setSubmitter(user); // Recording who created this using the entity's setter
  |         return super.persist();
  |     }
  | }

Approach B would be to handle this in an "action" bean.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110025#4110025

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110025