[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: how does Seam/EJB determine session expiration?

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 4 12:00:23 EST 2007

running jboss 4.2.2.GA with Seam2.0.0.GA.

1) started JBoss and deployed my Seam app.

2) navigated to JBoss web-console via following URL: http://localhost:8080/web-console/ and navigated to monitoring --> web status --> full status

3) checked active sessions and session count for my app were both zero.

4) launched IE browser and navigated to following URL: http://localhost:8080/securityAudit/

5) launched IE browser again and navigated to same URL as step 4.

6) refreshed web-console

7) results:

localhost/securityAudit
Start time: Tue Dec 04 08:50:07 PST 2007 Startup time: 31 ms TLD scan time: 0 ms
Active sessions: 2 Session count: 2 Max active sessions: 2 Rejected session creations: 0 Expired sessions: 0 Longest session alive time: 0 s Average session alive time: 0 s Processing time: 0 ms
JSPs loaded: 0 JSPs reloaded: 0

8) closed both IE browsers and refreshed the full status in web-console.

9) results (the same as step 7):

localhost/securityAudit
Start time: Tue Dec 04 08:50:07 PST 2007 Startup time: 31 ms TLD scan time: 0 ms
Active sessions: 2 Session count: 2 Max active sessions: 2 Rejected session creations: 0 Expired sessions: 0 Longest session alive time: 0 s Average session alive time: 0 s Processing time: 0 ms
JSPs loaded: 0 JSPs reloaded: 0

So it seems the sessions are still active obviously...  The other reason I know is that the prePassivate output in the log does not occur when I close the browser(s).

HTTP is a stateless protocol and this experiment proves it...  When I restart the JBoss server, the session count goes to zero again...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110258#4110258

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110258