[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - h:dataTable, HashMap, and List

jtsimikas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 5 10:52:01 EST 2007

If I've defined a List within a HashMap
(which I want to use in h:dataTable component)

See below:

  | private Map <String , List<ScsMessageBlock> > scsMessageBlocks;

Is it possible to reference the List in h:dataTable component?

Then would this work ?

  | <h:dataTable value="#{scsMessageBlocks['SomeKey']}" var="msg"
  |                      styleClass="width100" >
  |
  | ..
  | </h:dataTable>

The above code generates the following error even though that key does exist in the HashMap and a List with rows has been allocated.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: row is unavailable

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110580#4110580

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110580