[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Can we save custom variables in a ProcessDefinition

simonbaker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 5 12:24:04 EST 2007

"kukeltje" wrote : Simon,

  | You can already add any tag you want to the processdefinition and when retrieving a processdefinition , also retrieve the xml file with it. You can translate that to a dom and read any element you put in there.

Ok, that's good to know we can add extra tags.  However, it would be useful to store such info in the ProcessDefinition object, otherwise we have to persist it ourselves some way, or re-parse the xml file a lot.

If I'm not mistaken, in some ways it seems that the FileDefinition module can be used like a "user object" if it allows you to store arbitrary binary data.  I don't know enough about how it works yet, and I doubt there is anything similar for a task, etc.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110624#4110624

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110624