[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Seperate log4j.xml for each application

stlecho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 5 15:58:53 EST 2007

After searching on the different forums, it seems that there is no clear solution to solve this issue. With the application we are developing, the same problem occurs.

We are deploying an app1.WAR and a app2.EAR file in JBoss. Each of them has its own log4j.xml and logging occurs respectively in app1.log and app2.log.

When JBoss is started, JBoss' default server.log file is used for the logging. When app1.WAR is "activated", app1.log is used but server.log is no longer used. When app2.EAR is "activated", app2.log is used but app1.log is no longer used. This behavior seems to be totally random.

Changing JBoss' default log4j.xml file solves the above described issue, but it remains a workaround and it surprises me that JBoss does not allow an application-specific logging configuration.

What are the guidelines that should be followed to allow separate logging for each application ?

Regards, Stefan Lecho.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110662#4110662

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110662