[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - SocketExceptions rampant in logs

epleisman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 6 11:17:26 EST 2007

All,

  We are seeing two very persistant messages in our production logs related to SocketExceptions from PoolTcpEndpoint.  I feel it has to do with issues on the client end ( agressive timeout on a firewall, proxy, or some other network appliance ) BUT I don't feel as though I have done my due diligence if I do not investigate fully.

  The messages are below and my QUESTION is:  can this be related to some tuning I can adjust on my JBoss server or does the community also feel from its collective experience that the client side has some issues.

  Than you in advance for the input.

MESSAGES FROM LOG:

2007-12-05 07:57:22,934 ERROR [org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint] Remote Host /63.94.33.65 SocketException: Connection reset

2007-12-05 07:57:23,028 ERROR [org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint] Remote Host /63.94.33.65 SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110912#4110912

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110912