[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam performance vs plain JSF

gonzalad do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 6 16:53:29 EST 2007

Hello,

We've just finished some performance test on the jpa sample application from seam 2.0.0.GA, and Seam consumes a lot of CPU.

Has anyone had a chance to optimize Seam ?
Is the dev team working on this subject ?
(I'm really sorry - you're doing a really good work as you know, but those bench results are really scary ! ;(

Some results
Seam consumes from 2.2 (for 15 tx/s) to 4.3 (for 60tx/s) times more CPU than same application without Seam.

Seam powered application saturated at 86 tx/s (cpu saturation).
JSF application at 205tx/s (cpu saturation).

Applications tested
I've made various changes to the jpa sample application and tested each change :
1 - jpa sample.
2 - jpa sample without richfaces & a4j.
3 - spring sample (like jpa sample but with spring).
4 - spring sample with jsp instead of facelets.
5 - spring sample with jsp instead of facelets and JSF IBM 1.1 impl.

- Test Platform -
All test where executed with Websphere 6.1.0.13 and IBM JVM 5.0 SR 6 64 bits.
OS : AIX
Server : 6 CPU (2.1 GHz each) Power PC 5.
Don't remember RAM size.

I'll be able to give some more results on Monday - week end time now !

Bye

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111003#4111003

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111003