[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam performance vs plain JSF

svadu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 6 17:50:00 EST 2007

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get very high performance using microcontainer because you're not using full JEE capabilities of application server. But since you didn't use MC I can't comment on your numbers (I am not a performance tuning expert).

Was the JSF (without Seam) application a 'full' equivalent of a Seam application?

I don't have hard numbers but in my case I had performance improved (didn't need to measure to see improvement) a lot mostly due to moving lot's of stuff from request (session scope was not acceptable) scope (JSF application) to conversation scope which reduced amount of database trips a lot.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111031#4111031

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111031