[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: How tom make a jdbc request inside Stateless EJB method

guix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 7 06:52:32 EST 2007

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : Look up the datasource and ask for a connection.
  | The jca wrapper will enroll the connection in the
  | current transaction.
  |
  | Make sure you close the connection and any statements
  | in a finally block to return them to the pool.
  |
  | Regards,
  | Adrian

Hi:
I am trying this in Jboss 4.0.4 and it does not work:

example:

  | protected EJBContext myContext = null;
  | public void setSessionContext (SessionContext ctx){
  |       myContext = ctx;
  | }
  | public void  setUserData(String userId, String name,  String roleId)
  | throws RemoteException{
  |                 try {
  |                         UserLocal userLocal = UserFactoryLocal.getUser
  | (userId); //Userlocal is an entity bean
  |                         userLocal.setRoleId(roleId);
  |                         Object object = myContext.lookup("java:/" + myDataSourceName); // Same datasoiurce name as the bean uses, it is a local datasource name
  |                         Connection connection =
  | ((DataSource)object).getConnection();
  |                         connection.execute("update usuario set
  | rol = '" + roleId + "' where usuario = '" + userId + "'";
  |
  |                         connection.close();
  |
  |                         userLocal.setUserName(name);    //if this set fails there is no rollback performed to the previous execute
  |                 }
  |                 catch (Exception e) {
  |                         e.printStackTrace();
  |                         throw new EJBException(e);
  |                 }
  |         }

The example as you can see is functionalitywise, bogus, but I can see that if the code fails in setUserName then the new role appears set in the database eventhoug There is a EJB exception thrown....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111190#4111190

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111190