[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Why control IDs in validation messages?

IGx89 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 7 14:18:04 EST 2007

Thanks for the help guys. Here are the different possible fixes I've found, for reference:

1. In WEB_INF/classes/messages_XX.properties, put:
javax.faces.component.UIInput.REQUIRED=Value is required
The default value is "{0}: Validation Error: Value is required."

2. Use the "label" attribute on the input controls to replace"formId:containerId:controlId" with a friendly name.

3. Use the "requiredMessage" attribute on the input controls to completely override the REQUIRED message. This is what I ended up doing.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111310#4111310

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111310